Monday 20 June 2011

Good, Better, Best

I’ve been considering the word ‘best’.  A couple of days ago I encouraged someone to do their best.  My hope was that they would approach their future positively in regard to effort, commitment and finishing of what has been started.  Today in conversation with another person they advised me to do my best.   This encouraged me because I felt they showed belief in my skills, abilities, focus, and potential to achieve.
Doing your best requires deliberate action and control of your will.  Doing your best means that you expend what is valuable in you to attain/achieve what, in your view, has the same or is of more significance.  Best is regarded as the first place, highest in quality, most desired, better than good.  Other people’s good may be judged better than your best, but resist the temptation to let that deter you and give as much as you can.  Best is what we all have within our selves. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah,

    thank you for a really nice post that will encourage me to give their best and be my best today.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete